Woohoo! Party! Spring break here I come!!
Wait, what? Spring break? Do old timers like me get a spring break? Yes and no, I suppose. I mean, I don't have to go to school next week, which is nice.
All that said, and to kind of get with the running theme of this blog, spring break is gonna be different this time around as well. So many people asked me this week what my plans were for the break and when I told them I would be working, they all kind of looked at me dumbfounded or sad for me. It was nice, whether or not it was intended.
So, for my spring break blog, I will take this time to update you all on how my semester is coming along.
At this point in the semester, I have taken 5 exams, multiple quizzes, turned in a paper and even have gotten some extra credit over three classes and I must say, I'm off to a rockin' good start.
On my first round of tests, all taken about a month ago, I came out unscathed with 84s on two of the exams and an 87.5 on another. Had two more tests this past week and made a 90 on one and a 94.7 on another one. I have also only lost 2 total points over 2 full lab reports in my lab section, and lost a grand total of half a point on the paper I turned in.
I won't lie and say my confidence level on all of these tests was super high, but after taking them I have come to one major conclusion, and it's actually quite simple:
If you go to class, participate, ask questions, stay focused, and stay up to date on the reading material, you won't have to pull all-nighters and stress yourself out completely.
I haven't stayed up past midnight any of the nights before my tests and have instead opted for a good night's sleep followed closely by a nice, hearty breakfast to get my mind up and at 'em well in advance.
It's really a simple strategy. I know that I have known it for a while, but I never put it into play my first time around.
I am enjoying college this time around, more than I care to admit. Even though I've done well on my tests, I could still do without them. They interrupt the flow of learning, in my opinion.
Anyways, I hope you all have a great spring break. I know I will. I won't see a beach this week, or have a margarita watching a sunset, but i will sleep in past 8 am on Tuesday and Thursday just to reward my body.
I hope y'all like the tower shots. I think I'm gonna make a scrapbook of this journey. If y'all have any suggestions for them or want to see them from certain angles, I'm open to requests.
No comments:
Post a Comment